The abuse of opiate is prevalent among so many people. They get hooked onto the substance quite early on continue to do so over a period of time. Opiates can be found in various forms and are ingested into the system and start working their way to various parts of the body especially the brain. It has been researched, the half-life of opiates is about nine hours after intake depending on the type you have consumed, and test undertaken to detect them. There are all kinds of tests that are available medically to know you have used opiates. Make use of Lighthouse Treatment Opiate Detox for getting rid of your opiate addiction.
The various tests and the days of effect
Opiate half-life test days
Codeine 1-4 hours urine/blood/hair/saliva 2/12 hours/7-10 days/5-10 min
Morphine 5-6 hours urine/blood/hair/saliva 2-4 days/6-8 hours/7-10 days/5-10 min
Hydrocodone 3-9 hours urine/blood/hair/saliva 3 days/1 day/7-10 days/ 5-10 min
The effects on various body parts
The use of opiates for long term and its abuse has profound damage to all the organs and organ systems of the body.Make use of Lighthouse Treatment Opiate Detoxfor your drug addiction.
- The brain is most effected which won’t be able to differentiate the wakefulness period and will be mostly in the state of drowsiness. There will opiate abusers who will be experiencing the slipping in and out of consciousness states frequently. They will have more depressive episodes due to the drug effect.
- The breathing slows down, thus depriving the brain and body of oxygen which is vital for them to function. This can lead to organ debilitation and fatal consequences.
- The frequent use of opiates leads to constant bouts of constipation which then causes uncontrollable vomiting in users.
- The abuse of these pain killers who have heightened their sensitivity to pain. Over the course of usage, the nervous system will not be conditioned to facilitate the physical movements of the individual and loss of coordination is observed.
- There is a loss of immunity as the painkiller will suppress the immune system.
- There is serious liver damage and injury as it cannot cope with the amount of toxin that is pumped into it frequently.
It has to be known that the body tends to have a dependency on these substances which in turn become addictions over a period of time. Initially for some they may be prescription drugs gradually your brain get hooked to them as you feel that they give you a sense of wellbeing. Some of the abusers of the drug begin this way. There are other who pick it up on street or parties and eventually become addicts. But all of them end up with devastating effects on the body which sometimes are irreparable. The use of such powerful drugs such opiates have tobe monitored and there should be stringent practices put into place for procuring these medications or drugs.